Thursday, March 12, 2009

How to get what you want :)

There are certain things you can do to get what you want when calling a call center. Let's start with the top 5 things NOT to do...
1. Do not interrupt the call center(CCE) employee, you are just wasting your time and mine because I have to get through specific criteria before I am able to end the call.
2. Do not scream at the CCE or use profanity. This is not how you get what you want. As a CCE myself, I will not do favors (add priority codes) for people who yell and me and tell me how mad they are with our service. Have some respect and talk to me kindly and I will gladly do whatever I am able to, to help. Also, I understand you may be frustrated, mad, or confused but if you could just simply tell me that respectfully I may take the extra step to do anything/everything I can for you.
3. Do not start blabbing before you give them any information, they cannot pull up any account without information from you so therefor they are writing down all the nonesense you are telling them until they finally get a chance to speak and ask you for your information. This means they then have to type everything they just wrote down which is a waste of paper and a waste of time.
4. Give them the basics. State your problem, answer my questions, and say thank you when we are finished. All the extra information is a waste of time, which in a call center may be a big pet peeve of most CCE's.
5. Have common courtesy. Most people say some sort of bye before hanging up when you're on the telephone with someone. Customers that call into call centers apparently dont see it as necessary. It is common courtesy people and I still have the ability to add/remove anything I noted on the account (even those priority codes that may speed up any process for you)

By avoiding doing these five things, you wil surely get what you want when calling a call center.

Check back soon for a typical day in life of a CCE!

No comments: