Wednesday, March 25, 2009

In your eyes

Here is a story in the eyes of a consumer...
Im having trouble with my product or service so I call the 1-800 help number and after going through the whole automated system, you may finally get to a representative that is HUMAN. They may be located across the world and hardly speak your language, but needless to say you finally did get a human. Now I'm rambling about my problem(s) and the employee has to transfer me to the correct department. I'm thinking ok, fine, just get me to another human. Now I repeat my story and representative says she'll fix my product/service. No one goes out of their way to offer me a credit, send me coupons, or go out of their way to make me happy and over satisfied with the company. All they do is fix what is wrong. They apologize for my inconvenience, so how will they make it up to me?? I would have to speak with a supervisor or maybe even another department (again) to really get what I want. No thanks, the credit/coupon/etc. probably isn't even worth my time by that point. I don't understand why most companies cant just do something to make me more satisfied up front?! As a business owner, I would think being customer focused would always be the main priority...

No comments: